I would like to know if I can connect my ISP Modem (Comcast) into a Hub Uplink Port (Linksys 10/100 5-port Network Hub) and then connect my Wireless Router (Linksys Wireless WRT54GS) into one of the 5 Hub Ports. I have 2 wireless PCs around the house.

Then I would like to connect my main "work horse" PC (ASUS P5-B Vista Edition) wired directly into one the other Hub ports so that I can take advantage of the 16mb speed of the ISP modem and not be throtled by wireless speed of the router.

Many thanks, for any assistance.

Paul

I don't think you can do it. Traffic will be going through your router either way. Check it out -option 1 is the modem assigns it's ip address to your PC on the hub, and your router doesn't work. Option 2 is your router gets the IP, and your PC is assigned a static IP on your router's subnet (DHCP would grab the modem IP before the router so that wouldn't work).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.