Forge2000 0 Newbie Poster

Going crazy here! I'm connected to Orange Broadband. I was on a Livebox but the Internet slowed to 130kbps, so they sent me a new box. This produced the same result. BT came out & checked the line & it registered 5.2Mbps coming into the property! So Orange sent me a Siemans Router, this worked @ around 3.8Mbps for a week or so, then slowed to less than 100Kbps! After numerous calla to Orange, another test was booked today & once again it showed 5 Mbps on his PC, coming into the House! Yet my Computer, which was right next to the main socket and using a wired connection, was showing 92Kbps.
I run both wired & wireless PC's here, either on XP & Vista, all with the same results! All the standard checks, filters, wires, re-setting boxes, etc etc have been done! There's no satelight cables/Alarms/ extra telephone points etc.
Is it a case of 2 liveboxes & a Router, all being faulty, or am I missing something?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.