I know how to use nmap, netcat & nslookup.

What steps should i take to put down my server, i will be hacking my own server using attackers fashion. I will do it from internet cafe'....

Please write it down in step by step. Does not have to be in details, just the headers, e.g.

1. use nmap to know open ports
2. see what kind of open services they have
3. find an exploit for a sepcific open ports
etc

I'm a newbie in security stuff. The best way to learn hacking is by hacking your own server in blackhat point of view.

If i don't know how to hack my own server, somebody else will take care of it....

Any help will be appreciated...

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

nice idea but it could potentially harm our server, unless you what you are doin. I wish i could help but im only 14 and getting into my school server was hard enough ;)

There's more to breaking into a webserver than following a list of "do this, then do that." If you don't know what you're doing, start hitting the books (CEH study guides, etc.) and use Google to find out what tools to use, how to use them, and most importantly, WHY you'd want to use that particular tool (or set of tools.)

If you don't know how something works, all the tools in the world won't help if you don't know what you're doing - it will just help get you labeled as a script kiddie.

(using superscan)
go on web browser.. choose your favorite search engine.. copy the url & ip.. go to your superscan .. press lookup & copy the resolve put to your browser then click!

:D

(using superscan)
go on web browser.. choose your favorite search engine.. copy the url & ip.. go to your superscan .. press lookup & copy the resolve put to your browser then click!

:D

If I read what you posted correctly (this is a large assumption on my part), you're explaining how to either do some kind of portscan of the box or do a DNS lookup on the domain (I can't figure out which) - both in a web browser (I think), neither of which are considered "hacking."

Lay off the crack. Seriously.

sorry.. I am really sorry.. I just wanted to help.. sorry.. I want to delete this thread but how?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.