How do i set 2 of my computers to be able to share things between the two of them over a network router...
i am totally lost and i am in need of major help....
plz e-mail the answer to samih@icopts.com

thanks a lot ppl

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

How do i set 2 of my computers to be able to share things between the two of them over a network router...
i am totally lost and i am in need of major help....
plz e-mail the answer to samih@icopts.com

thanks a lot ppl

Goto Start/Control Panel/Network Connections. Click on it, then follow instructions. It shuld be easy to set up from there on out! Thats about all I know as far as CPU Networking, but itll help you set up both PC's and interacting from 1 to another.:confused:

Thats a huge question. Are you talking about two pc's on the LAN ports of one router? What operating systems are on each of the pc's? Are you trying to see them in Network Neighborhood? If you can help us understand what you have and what you are trying to do a little better I am sure somebody here can get you pointed inthe right direction.

Well in windows 2000 you can right click the folder's and make them share able, or set up a network neighbor hood but when you want to log in to the other pc, go to Network neighbor hood, and select computers near me, click it and it prompts for a pass (make sure that PC is on). Im sure its the same for windows 9x, and xp.

Member Avatar for nicentral

Follow this link and you should be able to find what you need http://www.google.com ;) Seriously though, you should be able to find just about ANYTHING you would need to network two computers together on the net, or at your *GASP* local public library.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.