Hi

i have a Linksys WAG54g wireless gateway/switch and i have 4 systems in my house, 2 of which are wireless and i want to be able to create a stable network, i have tried in the past and failed, since learning about networking in college would i be correct in thinking that i need a router/switch instead of the current one.

Any help is useful thanks

Studio

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I say go with dual Catalyst 6513's running Sup720's. Do you have dual entrance points?

Seriously, the WAG54g is described on the Linksys site as being exactly what you need. What doesn't work?

Hi

thanks for the advise but those that you suggested are out of my price range, but thanks anyway. i dont know if its the configuration on the WAG54G but there are so many problems with it, i have XP on three of the system and its meant to be easy setup and they all have the same setttings yet they either see each other and dont allow me in or they are on the same network but dont show in the network places box, and the wireless is absolutely useless on it as i can be in the same room as the router and i cant connect yet the wired systems have nop probs.

perhaps i should be asking whether there is anyone out there that knows how to set this device up correctly

thanks again

Thanks for the advise i have since installed a Netgear 834G and it works perfect

thanks again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.