I just got a linksys WRT54GC. I followed the step by step instruction and at step 6 where the internet connection is tested, it always says no internet connection was found, check cables. I checked the cables and they are fine. I tried going to the routers IP address and into basic settings. I typed in my static IP address from my ISP;
IP 10.100.2.241
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 10.100.2.5
DNS 192.168.1.1

when I went to click save settings a message came up saying "incorrect IP and gateway, please retype them."

Can someone please help I really want wireless internet!

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

well does are the addresses I was given by my ISP

Try making the subnet 255.0.0.0, then see, we can go from there to solve the problem!

FearlessFourie I agree with you

You shouldn't need to enter anything at all to get this router working.
Reset to defaults.
Connect to modem and computer.
Start surfing.
Your default Gateway should be 192.168.1.1

That didn't work.
I got this message "Unable to detect internet connection. Please go to the advanced setting page and check your internet connection type."

Do you have any other suggestions?

now your on the right path,, did you install the settings from the router and did you set all settings from your ISP? You need to set up a new broadband network that corrisonds to your hardware before the PC will detect the internet.

now your on the right path,, did you install the settings from the router and did you set all settings from your ISP? You need to set up a new broadband network that corrisonds to your hardware before the PC will detect the internet.

How do you set up a new broadband network?

'go to network connections', 'Create new Connection' and follow the wizard, should work fine afterwards, remember to read and inster the ISP CD when promted, wich should make thing a lot easier.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.