Hey I dont know anything about networking. I want to hook my ps2 to the internet and I dont know how to go about doing that. I have broadband connection, and the ps2 and PC are in two different rooms. My computer is a Hewlett Packard(about 5 years old) with windows XP professional. I need to know just about everything I will need to get my ps2 connected. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

You'll need to get a wireless adapter for your PC, and a wireless router. For the Playstation, you'll need the broadband adapter. You might want to consider just connecting the Playstation directly to the wireless router, rather than using wireless, just for the sake of simplicity.

how would you link the router to the PS2? Also, for the sake of it being impractical, I cant hook it up directly, its got be wireless.

You could use this to go wireless. You need a broadband adapter for the playstation, you can get that about anywhere:

Wireless gaming adapter

Could just drill a whole in the wall >.> but hey, if u wanna spend more money, go ahead :p

Well, I have heard that strecting out the cord is faster than if you got wireless. My friend said he lagged out when he used a wireless router, then he just stretched the cord over there and he never lagged out. What is you opinions.

I run all wires, just for the simple purpose of price, and usability, we just drilled through the wals and floors and ran all 5 cables. We have 1 wireless but its my dads laptop for music so that doesn't really count. So i'd say cables.

yea, I think I will go with cables, definitely cheaper.

Good answer :D the only toruble i've ever had with cables is the wire popping out >.> lol so make sure there NEW cables, not used :p

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.