Hi I am building another website and I am getting an error message when trying to upload images the messages says

An FTP error occured cannot put *****jpeg. Access denied. The file may not exist or there could be a permission problem

I can successfully upload this same image to another website hosted on the same server but just not this site, it doesnt matter what image I use the same message comes up. I can add general text and css files as long as they dont contain images. I have double checked all my settings and all files are where they should be
Any ideas anyone this is driving me nuts lol
TIA Karina

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

What exactly are the permissions on that directory? If it's a UNIX box of some description you should be able to see what permissions (they'll look a bit like this: -rw-r----) you have in your FTP client (or Dreamweaver, but I've not used Dreamweaver's upload tool for so long...). Failing all of that - check with your web host/system administrator and they should be able to fix it for you.

M.

Make sure you dreamweaver FTP is setup correctly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.