Hi,

I hope some one can help! My wife's laptop (Windows 7) has lost it's ability to access any web-sites, despite the fact that it is showing a Wi-Fi connection through an Orange Livebox router. I've tried pinging google and there was no response - indicating a connection issue - which is strange as my lap-top is functioning normally through the same connection (sitting on the desk right next to my wife's!). A Skype connection is available and usable but no Internet access or e-mail.

Any Ideas?

Thanks - lenderson

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

..hi there!..did you check the router if it has a password?..if there is, did you encode the network key when you try to connect to the router?..nor, try to check the network address of your wife and check her DNS server address if both is the same as yours..i hope it helps!..^_^..

..hi there!..did you check the router if it has a password?..if there is, did you encode the network key when you try to connect to the router?..nor, try to check the network address of your wife and check her DNS server address if both is the same as yours..i hope it helps!..^_^..

Hi BlackFetus,
Thanks for your suggestions! Yes, I did encode the network key and when I log on to the router it is showing my wife's laptop as connected (which would confirm the indication on her laptop that she has 'local and internet' access) - but it still won't access any websites. I can access the google sit by entering the IP address for the site, I have tried accessing the internet using different browsers (Google Chrome and Firefox) but always get the same message 'Unable to access this page'.

I'll check out the DNS addresses now, as you suggest, and see if I can make any progress, but it's a time consuming and frustrating business!

Hi BlackFetus,
Thanks for your suggestions! Yes, I did encode the network key and when I log on to the router it is showing my wife's laptop as connected (which would confirm the indication on her laptop that she has 'local and internet' access) - but it still won't access any websites. I can access the google sit by entering the IP address for the site, I have tried accessing the internet using different browsers (Google Chrome and Firefox) but always get the same message 'Unable to access this page'.

I'll check out the DNS addresses now, as you suggest, and see if I can make any progress, but it's a time consuming and frustrating business!

Just checked the DNS Server settings an re-set my wife's to the same as mine and voila! back in business! Thanks for the suggestion BlackFetus - problem solved!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.