What are the qualifications of a good network Administrator?
and is Network Administrator the same as Network Engineer?

A network Administrator needs to coordinate the systems with the endusers & engineering. They manage the operations from user log in to the system through access to applications and services. They monitor the application and OS licensing and hardware warranties. The System's engineer maintains the equipment, in the event of failure they would be the designated contact for the company. In my case, I have worked in both capacities while manning the helpdesk. The team usually cross trains if the company allows

commented: i really love this site +0

I'm not 100% sure on what is required however taking a random guess I'd personally say if you have your CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) this would help you out quite a lot (however I'm not 100% sure).

Best thing to do is look at current Network Administrator jobs which are available and see the requirements. Then if you don't have those maybe work towards them.

Sorry I can't give you a detailed reply but some little information is better than nothing.

The qualifications are a bit different a LAN administrator maintains and monitors a small network geographically speaking. The scope changes with Internetworking the distances are farther and equipment is more complicated. The name Cisco says the certification is specific to routers and switches manufactured by Cisco.

Without understanding the basics of networking, I would not suggest jumping into Cisco certification, it is understood that the person pursuing should have a sound understanding of computers, in general.
Desktop support is less complicated, more straight forward and will give the financial means while pursuing further knowledge, database development, even application development.

A network administrator is someone who manages a local area network. The larger the network the better the administrator should be.

A good network administrator has to have a thorough understanding of the operating systems they are supporting and must have real experience managing and supporting them, be it Windows , Linux, or whatever. They should know how to create and manage users, groups, and access security. A good network admin has to know networking and by that I mean IP addressing and connectivity. And finally, he/she has to know how keep the network; servers, workstations, infrastructure, operating efficiently and has to know how to troubleshoot and correct problems when (not should) they occur.

A network engineer has expertise in network (switches, IP addressing) design, Wide Area connectivity, routing, protocols, Switch management, security, and much more than I could write here. They would probably make good network admins if that is what they wanted to do.

Anyway, that is just what I think.

i have completed b.tech cse, i want good job in hardware sector what are the courses learn to get job

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.