hi everyone :)
i m a final year computer science student.
i want to do a project.My area of liking is networking only
so,any help?
suggest me any topic that i can use as PRE-PROJECT as well , and later can be used as a full-fledged one as well after some more development

thanks
me

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

The links provided by flagstar is correct but most senior posters helping out in the IT Professionals Lounge will just down rep you and give comments that are not helpful to you. What they think is that students should pay more attention in class and not go to forums to ask for help about their project. So best not to post there. The networking forum should be the place you are looking for. Posters are willing to help you unless you have what in mind what to do.

The project title is the thing you must choose yourself. And halfway through the project you have problem, we can help you. So the decisions is yours. After that, we might be able to help you along the way by giving hints on what to do next or what to take note for your project. All the best!

Tip: It depends on what amount of effort you want to put it. Big projects may be better but it will not be easy. Know what you are capable of and work hard and success is yours.

The links provided by flagstar is correct but most senior posters helping out in the IT Professionals Lounge will just down rep you and give comments that are not helpful to you. What they think is that students should pay more attention in class and not go to forums to ask for help about their project. So best not to post there. The networking forum should be the place you are looking for. Posters are willing to help you unless you have what in mind what to do.

The project title is the thing you must choose yourself. And halfway through the project you have problem, we can help you. So the decisions is yours. After that, we might be able to help you along the way by giving hints on what to do next or what to take note for your project. All the best!

Tip: It depends on what amount of effort you want to put it. Big projects may be better but it will not be easy. Know what you are capable of and work hard and success is yours.

Didn't know they'll down rep of someone who asking for help... I usually just hanging around in this forum so pretty much I don't know how members in different forum act. Glad you give a warning (especially me)...

commented: Right +0

>> so,any help?

We'll need a bit more information from you. What type of equipment are you working with or do you have available? How much time will you be spending on this project? Will it be skill-set or research based?

thank you so much fo the replies (this settles some nerves here :D)

well,the project is something that is mandatory .. it carries credits
ok .. its a senior project actually .. m confused on what topic do i choose in networking .. 1st semester(6 months) is for pre-project,that can get me started .. and next six months for completion of the earlier into a full-fledged one .. :)

still not getting any ideas for the project topic,jeez ..

>> so,any help?

We'll need a bit more information from you. What type of equipment are you working with or do you have available? How much time will you be spending on this project? Will it be skill-set or research based?

i dont have many equipments available to me,but my laptop .. m willing to spend 4hrs a day for this .. let it b any skill-set or researched-based .. or may be even a combination of both .. m devoting around an year for this .. so this better be good :)
thanks

.. so this better be good

While I understand your position, the responsibility of choosing a topic rests on you. I could point you at any number of things that interest me but in the end, if they did not interest you it would be a waste. Dedicating a year of your life to a topic requires you to be absorbed enough with it to survive the trials of development. Otherwise you will become disinterested and end up producing garbage - or nothing at all.

If you narrow down the space you are interested in we could probably help point you in the proper direction.

What's your strength first? Which part of networking are you good with? Just getting this straight, You will be choosing your own topic right or is it a question that requires you to come out with the best solutions?

What's your strength first? Which part of networking are you good with? Just getting this straight, You will be choosing your own topic right or is it a question that requires you to come out with the best solutions?

hello! :)
i'm a CCNA (RnS) ..
to b very honest apart from that,i havnt had my networking skills tested .. but i like networking as such over coding ..

ok,suggest me anything from security :)
or kindly list various areas of networking that i can choose to work in :D

as i said , THIS BETTER BE GOOD .. coz i sure dont want my teacher to say "copied" or "not worth it" in the end :)

thank u :)

While I understand your position, the responsibility of choosing a topic rests on you. I could point you at any number of things that interest me but in the end, if they did not interest you it would be a waste. Dedicating a year of your life to a topic requires you to be absorbed enough with it to survive the trials of development. Otherwise you will become disinterested and end up producing garbage - or nothing at all.

If you narrow down the space you are interested in we could probably help point you in the proper direction.

hello!
i'm a CCNA (RnS) ..
to b very honest apart from that,i havnt had my networking skills tested .. but i like networking as such over coding ..

ok,suggest me anything from security
or kindly list various areas of networking that i can choose to work in

as i said , THIS BETTER BE GOOD .. coz i sure dont want my teacher to say "copied" or "not worth it" in the end

thank u

I dont think you get it; my choosing a topic for you is useless. Emphasizing that it must be good is of no use.

If you want more topics on networking: Google networking research topics
If you want network security: Google network security research topics

Investigate. Choose a topic that is most interesting to you.

Once you have that, things will be much easier for you.

I dont think you get it; my choosing a topic for you is useless. Emphasizing that it must be good is of no use.

If you want more topics on networking: Google networking research topics
If you want network security: Google network security research topics

Investigate. Choose a topic that is most interesting to you.

Once you have that, things will be much easier for you.

thanx i'll do that :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.