I recently purchased a new labtop and it seems to have issues with my wireless network. When connected every 10~30 seconds the connection drops (this can be observed when downloading something and the speed goes from 2Mb+ to 0 and during games with unplayable lag spikes). It almost immediately climbs back up to the old connectivity but the lag that goes with the spikes makes games almost unplayable. I'm fairly certain that it is something wrong with the labtop as my old labtop and my roomate's desktop do not have the same problem. Any help with this problem would be appreciated, thank you.

Computer sepcs:
Intel Core i5 460M(2.53GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory 500GB HDD DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN

Router/Modem:
motorola SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem

Well might as well try to update the driver for wireless network. OR perhaps connect an ethernet cable to your desktop (which won't use your wireless connection) and check if you can get fine connection. Test with games as well for lag spikes and stuff...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.