I just did a quick restore on my compaq mv500 but now it's asking me for a pci ethernet controller driver.

Where can i find a pci ethernet controller driver?

When i get the driver how and where do i install it?

I have win 98.

Thanks so much.
Maren

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Welcome to DaniWeb

Whats the brand of you card? That is the first thing we need to know. If you dont know and dont know how to find out, get the program in my sig. Click "Get detailed system information".

-T

I just did a quick restore on my compaq mv500

"MV 500" is the model of your computer's monitor, not the model of the computer itself.

As tayspen asked, post the model of the Ethernet controller (or even just the model of the computer) and we can most likely provide you with a download link for the Ethernet drivers. You will have to download the driver software on another computer and burn it to CD in order to install it on your computer.

My technician told me that the driver i need to get is from netgear.com and the downoad is fa311. The only problem is that i'm having problems getting it there.

is there somewhere else I can get it?

yes, MV500 is on the monitor :lol:
Maren

is there somewhere else I can get it?

You can download the FA311/FA312 driver package from my FTP site. The package includes drivers for Win 98, as well as installation instructions and other help files:

FA31xV18.zip

The download file is in ".zip" format, so you'll need a program like WinZip to extract its contents. You can download the trial version of WinZip here.

You can download the FA311/FA312 driver package from my FTP site. The package includes drivers for Win 98, as well as installation instructions and other help files:

FA31xV18.zip

The download file is in ".zip" format, so you'll need a program like WinZip to extract its contents. You can download the trial version of WinZip here.

Thank You so much!

Maren

You're welcome, Maren :)

Let me know if you need any help with the installation.

i just done a restore on my computer win xp and i cont put ethenet controller on
ive been all a round the net and cont find any help
the thing is i cont use my internet for it to find it itself iam useing a friend com to help what can i do

ive been all a round the net and cont find any help... what can i do

The first thing you need to do is give us the exact make/model of the Ethernet card; once we have that info, we can probably find the correct driver for you.

Since your computer can't access the Internet, you'll have to download the driver file on a computer that has Internet access, burn the driver file to CD, and copy it on to your machine from the CD.

Hey guys.

I reformatted my hard drive today but have not been able to reinstall or find the drivers for my Ethernet Controller.

My motherboard is an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe. Please Help!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.