I'm using the Linksys NR 041 and I keep getting various messages telling me I'm behind a firewall from programs like MSN Messenger or other downloading apps. I turned off my computers firewall through Windows and the like, and the only thing I can think of is my router has a firewall. I went to the Linksys site and couldn't find the model of the router I have. So...here I am.

Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe
AMD64 FX-53
nVidia GeForce 6800 GTOC x2
2GB RAM
Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro
320GB HDD
blah blah blah...

Recommended Answers

All 27 Replies

Usually you just paste the ip of the router into your web browser. Linksys is usually 192.168.1.1:

http://192.168.1.1

If you don't know the ip of the router you can try clicking start-->run-->then type cmd and click "OK". In the command prompt type: ipconfig and press "Enter" on the keyboard. If there's a "gateway address" that will the the number to type after http:// in your browser.

Ethernet adapter Wireless:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.101
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Usually you just paste the ip of the router into your web browser. Linksys is usually 192.168.1.1:

http://192.168.1.1

If you don't know the ip of the router you can try clicking start-->run-->then type cmd and click "OK". In the command prompt type: ipconfig and press "Enter" on the keyboard. If there's a "gateway address" that will the the number to type after http:// in your browser.

Ethernet adapter Wireless:
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.101
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Thanks for the response...and I figured out how to log in. Now I just have to figure out what's what and what might be acting as a firewall. I don't see any obvious options pointing to a firewall...

Does the router have a recessed reset button on it? At worst you can press that and reset everything to its default settings.

Be sure to remember to always change the default admin password.

do you guys know the address for a netgear dg834g? cheers guys

darren

do you guys know the address for a netgear dg834g? cheers guys

darren

Just go into the command prompt by typing cmd in the run box and get your router's info.

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.5
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

It should be something like this. Then just type your Default Gateway into the browser.

how do i find the password?

how do i find the password?

Depends on your router model and make. Usually the password is documented in the manual, so I suggest checking there first. If you for some reason don't have it, try looking here: http://www.phenoelit.de/dpl/dpl.html

Lastly, if you or someone else has already set the password on the router, you can usually reset it by inserting a paperclip into a hole that's usually at the back of the router.

hey guys, im having huge problems with my router, its a wireless router from belkin. Ive been trying to get my PS3 to connect to it, but always ended up with a DNS error. So i went to go see my router settings at 192.168.2.1, but showed me a connect connect to site page (192.168.2.1).
I then went to go search my ip in the command prompt and this is what i get

IP Routing Enabled.......: No
WINS Proxy Enabled......: No
DHCP Enabled.......: Yes
IP Address..........: 24.201.35.224
Subnet Mask........: 225.225.225.0
Default Gateway...........: 24.201.35.1
DNS Servers...............:24.200.241.37, 24.201.245.77, 24.200.243.189

Note that i have already tried reinstalling my router from the CD, tried putting it back on default by going into the settings in the web browser too, but didnt let me.

Please help me as soon as you can!

Max aka Fonzo

Simply go to the command prompt... Type "ipconfig" & hit enter...
U'll get the Default gateway (Numbers)... Type those numbers in the address bar of ur browser... & u'll get to see ur router page....

This thread is 2 years old. No need to resurrect it.

U can go ahead & Flush the DNS by this command>> inconfig /flushdns & let me know wat happened...

how i enter in my router ADB

how can I get into my router

Most of these routers have a web interface. From your computer, open a command prompt, type IPCONFIG. Take a look at the default gateway address. Take note of the address, close the command prompt.

Open web browser and type in the address such as http://192.168.0.1. Most of the routers out there listen on port 80 so this should work. If the router is secured with a user name and password provide it at the login screen. If you do not know, consult the documentation for the default username and password, or perform a reset of the device to get the router back to the default settings so you can log in with the user name and password listed in the documentation.

commented: ignore the badmouthers and continue helping people JorgeM +11

Egads, this thread is 6 years old. The OP is probably long gone and has solved the problem by now, or at least bought a new router.

Wow u people r still talking about this for 6 years get a new source.

commented: try reading the thread, and engaging brain before engaging mouth -2

Erm, if you could be bothered to actually read the thread you would notice that someone bumped it with a follow on/new question just five days ago and it is this that was helpfully answered by JorgeM.

please i juss bought a yacom router and i dont have the password, what steps am i to follow so i can get the password?

the model name of the router is ARV4518PW-A-LF-LT

how do i know what my password is?>

grzz

thank you for being here

i cant access my router
when i enter 192.168.0.1 then a page appears for username and password. i put admin in both but says its wrong. suggestion please.

It's always best to start a new thread, rather than jump in on a ten year old one that's been dead for two years. That aside, telling us what router you have might be helpful...

That aside :)

If you really have forgotten or don't know your admin login, and the default for your device (go Google as all the info is easy to find out there) doesn't work, then your only option is a factory reset. Boot the router, locate the factory reset switch (usually sunken, so a paper clip or similar will be needed to press it) and depress for at least 10 seconds and then reboot. You will lose all your router custom configuration, but the login will be reset.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.