Hi everyone, I have a ADSL 2+ router from D-link, i have access to all the websites except www.facebook.com and www.orkut.com

This is my personal computer so there is no chance of anyone blocking it. Can anyone enlighten me with what exactly is the problem??? :?:

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Hi everyone, I have a ADSL 2+ router from D-link, i have access to all the websites except www.facebook.com and www.orkut.com

This is my personal computer so there is no chance of anyone blocking it. Can anyone enlighten me with what exactly is the problem??? :?:

Try connecting to facebook with your Windows firewall OFF, to make sure that isn't causing your problem.
Try connecting to facebook with an other computer/device using the same router. If you're still not able to connect, it's probably a port on your router that is closed (probably not the cause though).

My first guess is that your firewall is blocking FB.

could be DNS. go to control panel , network connections , right click properties on lan adapter , select TCPIP , click properties put 4.2.2.2 in dns server 1 to test that. then restart your computer

Thanx but the firewall is turned off....any thing else that could possible be wrong.
I am able to access fb if i use a dongle.....i wonder what the problem is :?:

the DNS thing i said above is probably it

plzzz help me
itz sayin url invalid kant b loadd
plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help
kant open fb

plzzz help me
plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help
kant open fb

Could you post the url your trying to access

Hey swiftech, the changing the DNS address also didn't help. I have a GLB-502T router and it working fine. When i pinged www.facebook.com there was no loss either. This means that the problem with not with the router as well (I guess :-/). The firewall is also off. I cant understand what the problem is. Somebody please help. :icon_cry:

plzzz help me
plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help
kant open fb

I think it would some browser issue,or url query.

(SPAM DELETED)

Hey swiftech, the changing the DNS address also didn't help. I have a GLB-502T router and it working fine. When i pinged www.facebook.com there was no loss either. This means that the problem with not with the router as well (I guess :-/). The firewall is also off. I cant understand what the problem is. Somebody please help. :icon_cry:

It's a browser issue. Are you using ie? try deleting the cache/cookies/history of the browser.

If that doesn't work, reset the browser back to default under the advanced tab and delete personal settings.

I think it would some browser issue,or url query.

I tried all possible URLs and browsers

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.