Error 0x80070035 simple means "Network Path Not Found" which is what your problem is. It could be a variety of issues such as network connectivity, a name resolution issue, NetBIOS over TCP/IP, or firewall related.

I am still not clear on your basic network health. I've asked if you are able to PING each of the computers. I do not beleive that you have validated that this is the case. Can you ping by IP and by Name?

If its name resolution related, you should be able to access the share by supplying the target computer's IP address in the UNC path.

For example, instead of trying \computer1\sharename, try \ipaddress\sharename.

When I do ipConfig one connection has and IPv4 address a SubNet Mask and a Gateway, the other connections only have an IPv6 address and / or Media Disconnect. I'm running Norton 360, I disabled the Firewall protection, hoping that would enable Box(B) to see Box(A) that didn't work. As I mentioned, Box(B) can see the folder I want to share from Box(A) but I cannot access the folder from Box(B).

I don't know which connection is associated with which computer to know what computer the ping is working for ?

I wish that I could provide you with more help but I'm not sure what else I can add that would be of value.

With regard to ipconfig, you may not be understanding the information that is displayed on the screen. When you open a command prompt and type ipconfig, this command will display the IP configuration for the network adapters for that single computer. If you have multiple adapters (physical and logical), you will get results for all of them. If you only have one cable plugged in, then all of the other adapters will show as "media disconnected". That is OK. The point of using ipconfig on your computers was just to validate that each computer has an IP address and they are all on the same logical network.

I understand, what is the next step you would like me to try ? So I can debug this, solve it and learn at the same time ?

So, i would suggest to take a step back. Not being to access network shares could be prevented by a large number of issues. When troubleshooting network problems, you start low in the OSI model and work your way up to the application layer.

The first thing you need to validate is network connectivity for all of your hosts. This is where PING comes into play. From one of the computers, are you able to PING all of the rest of them? If you are not familiar with PING, i have a guide you can review.
Using PING to Test for Network Connectivity

I'm assuming that this is all done and your network is OK.

Once you have established that your network connectivity is OK, then the next step is to troubleshoot this at a higher layer.

Box(B) can see the folder I want to share from Box(A) but I cannot access the folder from Box(B)

What do you mean by that statement. You can see the folders on Box(A) from Box(B), but you cannot access the folders. So when you browse to computerA, you can see the shares? If you click on a folder, you get the error? Does this happen from all of the other computers, or just this one? If its only one computer, what is different about the configuraiton on this computer? NetBIOS settings, firewall?

My Network is OK, good news :)

What do you mean by that statement. You can see the folders on Box(A) from Box(B), but you cannot access the folders. So when you browse to computerA, you can see the shares? If you click on a folder, you get the error? Does this happen from all of the other computers, or just this one? If its only one computer, what is different about the configuraiton on this computer? NetBIOS settings, firewall?

Box(A) which contains the shared folder, has Norton 360 with Firewall installed. I disabled the FireWall for Norton 360 last night and it didn't work, Microsofts Firewall is disabled because Norton is installed, it automatically is disabled. For Box(A) (which contains the shared folder) IV6 is disabled and only IP4 is enabled including NetBIOS as well, seems as though I setup everything pretty good. I can ping both computers, by there IP and computer name, successfully. My guess is Norton has to be configured, unless you can come up with something else I can test ? Box(C) I'm excluding for now, until I can get Box(A) & (B) to successfully transfer files. Box(C) is running Vista which I plan to upgrade to 7 by today or tomorrow.

I think he may need to look at the permissions on those folders. The way to test if it is a matter of permissions is to log into the shared PC using an account on that computer via the network. We need to ask about his Router, make and model.

However, setting up a network of computers running Windows 7 is normally a straightforward affair, as CaperJack points to in his post. Microsoft also provided a simplistic method for setting up a network. Please be careful about making too many tweaks as there is something glaringly obvious about this problem, and you may find yourself trying to workout which tweaks to undo afterwards, or tweaks that will impact on something else down the line. There must be one basic factor to effect all of the Computers simultaneously.

Has the option/setting of Simple File Sharing been considered?

@JorgeM You have asked him to Ping other computers including the address 192.168.1.1 - that IP address is typically the Router's address, would you agree? Has he assigned any of his computers with that address?

I'm just concerned that this is being over-complicated.

Pinging 192.168.1.1 fires back a request time out. Want my Router make and model, or could this be related to Norton 360 ?

I agree that the suggestions I have provided so far could be overly complicated if Siberian is not familiar with these TCP/IP utilities.

With regard to the IP 192.168.1.1, it was just an example. If you really wanted to find out what the IP address is of the router, just get that information from IPCONFIG. It will be the address listed for the Default Gateway.

I am trying to keep this as simple as possible, but when dealing with application layer errors, there may be half a dozen things going on.

I would agree that the best course of action is to stop at this point, locate a Windows 7 Networking guides (the one that BigPaw linked to is a good start) and go from there.

I can see the folder I want to access on Box(A) from Box(B). I can't access it without the 0x80070035 error. I feel like I've exhausted every typical setup to get the Network to talk, it has to be something simple, if I can see the folder, it's a matter of what. I'm asking for more help, setting up a Network between modern day windows is not complicated, and I have completed most of the process just fine, I setup Networks back with Windows2000 without much fuss, yet this is causing me some grief.

I have been doing everything correctly. I knew I was, I setup networking with Windows2000 long before home group and I knew what I was doing.

The problem is, I can access the shared folder under an Administrator account only without any problems. When I try to access under a Standard Account, I get the
0x80070035 error. I did a search for 0x80070035 error when trying to access folder with standard account and I don't come across anything related to standard account issue. This brings me to one question, could it be Norton ?

Try it, I've seen more trouble caused than solved by Norton's. I mentioned permissions earlier, and when it comes into that realm, Norton's in paranoid.

The problem is, I can access the shared folder under an Administrator account only without any problems. When I try to access under a Standard Account

Did you grant the appropriate Share/NTFS permissions on that resource to the "standard account"

I solved it, I had to reconfigure the permissions for the folder :)

Finally, that's great news!

Thanks, what do you mean by finally, as though "sheesh, idiot figured it out" ? :)

"sheesh, idiot figured it out" ? :)

LOL, Not at all Siberian. You have to understand that it can be frustrating on this side trying to help out when I dont have the PCs in front of me so there is a sense of accomplishment once the issue is resolved.

Oh, ok, no hard feelings. It's all good :)

i have dell inspiron laptop i have to instal window xp serviec pack 2 laptop want to driver all plz give me acureid driver give me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.