I have recently bought the new kindle fire hd and authenticated it to my home wireless, okay that worked after I turn off both the kindle and wireless modem and turned them both on at the same time. The problem is now that everytime I do this and my son uses the kindle my laptop wireless automatically shuts off and gives me a messae telling me that I have somehow cancelled my wireless connection. The only way for me to re-establish laptop wireless connection is to turn off the kindle, plug in my ethernet cable into the modem and restart the modem and computer at the same time and reconfig the wireless. Can someone please tell me how to fix this so that I can use my wireless for both the kindle and laptop without having to reset the modem each time. Oh, and before anyone asks I have set my sons DSI to my wireless before and run them both at the same time without a problem, so more than one device can run on the wireless.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

When you say you "Authenticated" it into your home network, what did this involve? (in general terms)

Have you assigned IP addresses to those devices in your Router? Can you, in general terms, tell us what you did, please?

My Wi fi is security enabled so I just added the security code and parameters (WPA-2 Personal and AES) in the connection settings.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.