hello guys how are you i have a question what do i need if i want to be anyone able to receive internet wireless via laptop or smart phone from distance 1km with take into consideration there are buildings also i want to be able to receive a signal from house .
thank you

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Why don't you look into a VPN? (unless this is not an option)

If you are wanting to broadcast a signal that far, you are talking about some serious equipment.

A VPN would solve your problem completely.

More info can be found:

Wikipedia
Open VPN
Cisco

First need to know a few things:
1:Is the receive sight actually in line of site, not blocked by buildings?
2:Are the systems receiving the signal all in the same direction?
3:Do you have a high spot that allows you to see the point/points you want to service.
4:Are the receiving sights fixed or are they mobile?
There are several ways to do this but it depends on terrain, obstructions and less on distance. One click is not far and a good yagi antenna would be fine if you have two of them pointed at each other but that would only be good if #2 above was true. If there are obstructions in the way then it gets a lot more complicated.

1:Is the receive sight actually in line of site, not blocked by buildings?
no it is blocked by buildings
2:Are the systems receiving the signal all in the same direction?
no
3:Do you have a high spot that allows you to see the point/points you want to service.
yes
4:Are the receiving sights fixed or are they mobile
they are just mobile

Not with that piece only I don't believe but you can get that and a repeater along with a yagi antenna. The repeater is at the site where you want access and the yagi antenna must be able to see the transmitter. Then anyone within range of the repeater will have access

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.