Hello,
My router didn't reset even if I press the reset botton for 20 seconds ( I pressed it 1 minute), there is no reset.
Is there another way to reset it?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hello ziadkassam,

You can normally reset a router in a couple of ways, the first and probably the most simplest way (although you say you have already tried it) is to hold the reset button on the router. Normally this needs to be pressed in using a fine screw driver, pen or paperclip and should be held until the lights on the front turn off.

If that fails then you can try doing a software reset, go to the routers administration panel (normally accessed with 192.168.0.1 / 192.168.1.1 / 192.168.2.1) and find the diagnostics/maintenance page. On here you should find options to reboot and reset to factory default.

The third method would be to do what is called a 30/30/30 reset which is normally the sure fire way to get it back to 'out the box' settings. To do this you will need to hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then unplug the router whilst still holding down the reset button. Hold it for another 30 seconds and then plug it back in and hold it down for a further 30 seconds, essentially you are holding it down for a total of 90 seconds.

Good luck, if it is an issue with the router then maybe resetting it isn't the solution? If you have any more issues then just reply with another question and I shall try my best to help.

Great summary Alexander!

By the way, what is the brand of the router?

my name is abbey, i need a comprehensive lecture or write up on computer networking and cabbling. pls assist as soon as u can cuz i need to write an exam on it in the next few weeks... indly send d pdf or note to me on my email nickelolugs@yahoo.com, ababioten63@yahoo.com. thanks for your anticipated assitance.
SSSSSSSSSSSSS

check cisco website. www.cisco.com

My router is TP-Link

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.