Hey everyone,

I have had a wireless-B Linksys BEFW1154 model router for 2 years now, and I am sure it works. I moved to a new place and have been given an outlet to an ethernet connection, and the router cannot obtain an ip address from it. My computer can obtain the ip just fine.

In other words, if I plug in my computer directly to the wall, I get internet, but if I plug in the router to the wall and my computer to the router (hard-wired), I get no internet. In fact the "internet" light on the Linksys machine flashes, but the status page in the linksys router says all zeros for IP address and other info. Is this a problem that can be fixed on my end or do I need to talk to those who maintain the network?

I have tried turning off DCHP and changing the IP of the router, but no luck. I could really use some help. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Try updating the firmware in your Linksys device...

I moved to a new place and have been given an outlet to an ethernet connection, and the router cannot obtain an ip address from it.

And to what device does this magical new Ethernet outlet you've been given connect? :mrgreen:

Ok, all kidding aside- it would be helpful if we knew what device the router is connecting to at the other end of that Enet port.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.