what is TCP IP?
how can I solve DNS server problem?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I don't see how an acceptable answer can be provided based on your question. To explain what TCP/IP is would fill chapters of books.

In a nutshell, its a protocol that can be used on a network for hosts to communicate with each other.

how can I solve DNS server problem?

What problem are you having? You need to describe the issue in detail.

What JorgeM says, plus this: Explanation of TCP/IP takes BOOKS, not just chapters of same... I have several linear feet of books on my shelf that are all required to really understand the protocols. I should know, since in the past I have implemented an entire TCP/IP stack for a real-time operating system from the DDN Protocol handbooks (a foot of that shelf space) which define the underpinnings of TCP/IP. Other books (such as Comer and Stevens) get into socket programming and such.

TCP/IP means Transmission control protocol/Internet Protocol. About the DNS issue, be more specific.

A hardware is the physical components of a pc that can be seen,felt or touched.

TCP/IP is short form of Transmission Control Protocol and Internet Protocol.
IP - is responsible for moving packet of data from node to node. IP forwards each packet based on a four byte destination address (the IP number). The Internet authorities assign ranges of numbers to different organizations. The organizations assign groups of their numbers to departments. IP operates on gateway machines that move data from department to organization to region and then around the world.
TCP - is responsible for verifying the correct delivery of data from client to server. Data can be lost in the intermediate network. TCP adds support to detect errors or lost data and to trigger retransmission until the data is correctly and completely received.

it defines how computers should be conected to the internet,and how data should be transmited between them. in short is the way computers talk to eachother is kind of language spoken by computers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.