I'm new to networking and right now I was messing around in packet tracer, but I'm having trouble with the scenario I created. I will upload a couple of screenshots i've taken of my situation and I will proceed to explain my problem and what im trying to achieve.

I have three networks, the 192.168.1.x network, then the 10.x.x.x network which is separeted by a router. the 10.x.x.x network is also linked to another router, which i intend to connect to the 172.16.x.x network. My problem is this.. I have no clue how to connect the network to two routers. i tried messing about with it but I still cant ping between them. please advise, I woul really like to understand this.

Thanks in advance.

click "connections" and click on "Automatically choose connection type" (the first one) OR "Copper crossover". You will get a cursor that looks somewhat like a taser gun. Click once on each router, and you will see a cable created between them with a red dot on either end. You can now configure and power on both routers, and they will be able to communicate.

Be sure both routers that you go into the Interface section and check that at least one FastEthernet port is set as "ON", so that the routers can communicate.
Make sure when doing this, that you do in fact configure the router with the correct information to interchange with those networks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.