I have a laptop with win 8. I can access localhost locally but when I type the public IP address then it doesn't work. I tried changing Apache to port 81 and still the same result.

I use a HSDPA modem with a SIM card to connect to the online. No router nor this is connected to any LAN

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello,

The way I read your question I am not sure if you have a web site on your laptop you are trying to access or if you are just trying to get to any site on the internet.

1.) When you say you use the public IP address are you referring to the address given by the laptop on your local network or you actual external IP address. Try going to the following website to find out what address the internet sees you at:

What is my Ip address

2.) Apache should be running on port 80 so that you don't have to add the port to your browser and port 80 would be open on your Windows firewall if if you can get through to the site at localhost. If you are trying to connect to your site on your laptop.

3.) What do you mean by the statement "I can access localhost locally but when I type the public IP address then it doesn't work." Are you referring to typring that in to your browser or a command line or what. Are you able to get to the internet at all or is that what you are trying to configure?

Your wireless provider may not allow unsolicited inbound traffic to your HSDPA device.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.