Heya all,

First of all, sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum to post on, i was doubting between the networking and OS forums.

Currently, i have a freecom silverstore-2-NAS but i feel the software is rather restrictive to me.
So what i'd like to do is install custom firmware/OS but i'm not quite sure if it's possible or not.

i've already looked at FreeNAS although i doubt it will be able to run this: the memory requirements seem to be out of the roof, in comparison. Does anyone know if this is possible, or should start assembling a machine myself?

Hello,

What sort of restrictions you are talking about? Please ellaborate

Well I have been using Syncrify as a third party back up software along with my QNAP and it is working absolutely fine. I would say much better because the features provided by Syncrify are really useful like incremental back up which saves a lot of my time, remote access which give me a better control of my data and there are many others.

You may try Syncrify as well. It might be helpful for you as well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.