I've seen many solutions for creating a wireless network and sharing the internet with a cable or dsl connection, but I have yet to see anything as far as instructions for creating a wireless network and sharing an internet connection when the "server" already access the internet on a wifi connection. I'm trying to get my new laptop to network and share the internet with my desktop computer of which has a wireless card and connects to the internet through wifi access provided by a wifi provider. Can anybody shed some light on what I'll need and any suggestions on the setup. I'm kinda new to all this wireless stuff.

Thanks,
VA

First of all, if your Internet connection is being provided by a wifi provider, you don't need to share a connection. You're notebook should be able to recognize any wireless networks around. If you need a pasword then type it in and connect.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.