I should start out by saying that the internet works at the university (we use Resnet), and that when I bring it back home and put in my cable, it doesn't work.

Windows reports that my laptop is connected to the internet, it's just that any attempt to go on any webpage or to ping even the router results in a timeout.

It's not that my router isn't accepting pings, I ping the LAN (not WAN) address (192.168.1.1) and I get no response.

I attached the result of an ipconfig /all:
http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ipconfigmp8.jpg

In addition, in an attempt to repair the connection via windows results in a message "WIndows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address.

And the 'packets received' in the tcp/ip window are abnormally small.

If anyone has any insight into this issue, please help. No internet on my laptop is driving me crazy. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Check your firewall settings, make sure that your ip address is an trusted/accepted ip add. And make sure to setup your notebook with the specs of your home network.

does your network use fixed IP adresses or DHCP?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.