Hey all, i just got a new wireless modem router today, i installed it and everything was fine.
I signed in to my MSN Messenger but it failed, i tried and tried, but it didnt work.
So i uninstalled it, and then went on to google, typed in MSN Messenger to download it again, clicked on the links but it fails to load.
Its weird, because everyother website on the net works, except for MSN or Microsoft ones, can anyone shine any light on this?
Also, when i try and play Halo online, it dosent work, theres no available servers.

This is obviously to do with my new modem/router, so please help, would be very very appreciated.

I have a Belkin ADSL2+ Moden with Wireless G Router
My firewall is off, on and off msn still dosent work
I have Norton Ant-virus fully up to date.

Many thanks, Will.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

No need people, after hours of searching the far corners of the internet i found the solution, something to do with my MUT.

cheers anyway for those who read......and didnt reply!:twisted: :cheesy:

No need people, after hours of searching the far corners of the internet i found the solution, something to do with my MUT.

Yeah, well... too late to reply, but just for the record, I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago and yes, it was the MTU setting on the router. I had to change the value to 1420 so I could access Hotmail and run MSN Messenger.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.