First, let me tell you about my network. My computer connects wirelessly to my Linksys WRV200 router which is connected to my Vonage RTP300 which in turn is connected to my Comcast cable modem. So...

Internet -> Vonage RTP300 -> Linksys WRV200 -> Computer

I am unable to connect to my office over my VPN , I hope someone can help me with this issue.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

be specific, why aren't you connecting? what errors are you getting? have you tried even configuring a connection? have you checked proxy settings?

have u actually set up a connection with ur work?
Problems may lie in ur connection to the work servers.

true, your work might not even have vpn, or you maybe they need to give you an account.

At college, we have a VPN system, which we have to sign up for through their website, ask ur work if they have a VPN connection set up.

aside from VPN settings, i would connect your vonage router behind your linksys. It may be that your vonage doesn't support IPsec or whatever VPN protocols you're using.

modem--->linksys----->vonage
&
linksys----->Computer

don't forget to power cycle. I dunno how Vonage works, but I would plug the router in first let it boot up and then turn on your comp and vonage.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.