Hello,

I have a HP pavillion laptop and also a HP desktop. They are both using a wireless connection. I've had this set up for 3 yrs and never had any problems. Last night I was on my computer. I wasn't on the internet but then all of a sudden I got a message from the HP wireless assistant saying my connection has been disabled. I checked my settings. Everything looks fine. I checked the system bios it's enabled. I opened the wireless assistant and it says disabled and you can't enable it because it's shaded grey. My desktop connection is fine. Why would this happen? What can I do to fix it? I thought I'd check here before I called HP. Please advise.

Thank you,

Debbie

Check ur card in devices manager is it showing correctly and fine if yes then enable disable from there
if it does not work goto tcp/ip properties check all required components are installed.

Most importat r u using antivirus and firewall please name them so may b i can figure it out

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.