Hi friends....

I would like you to help me in configuring my netwrk in a small office environmnet....
We rae going to open a new branch of our office which is abt 6-7 kns from my present office.....let me come to the issue...

We have purchased a linksys ADSL2+gateway for the new location.......i need to extend the coonectivity frm my present office to my new location...we have both wired nd wireless coonectivity in our office......is it possible to extend both to the newlocation......

in the new location we do not have any LAN connection.....we have gt d dsl activated nd i have connected it to adsl2+gateway(router)........the ip for the dsl is 192......my local area network ip 172........

Pls let me knw how should i go by......

waiting for responses

Thanks,
Mehrin

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Shajeeb, I know of no wireless technologies aside from the cellular telephone providers that will allow wireless connectivity for the range you are describing...I would recommend looking into other connectivity technologies if you are looking to connect the two offices...sorry...

-Eric

yeah, just get a broadband connection in the second office and connect the offices with site2site vpn

can some one help me ive got a netgear wire less router and i can not get it to connect my laptop to the internet ie had it working two weeks ago and it wont connect anymore and ive reset the router but im still a novice at network

if you reset the router you need to reconfigure it with all the info - user/password/connectiontype/etc

reconfigure the netgear router.... try to ask assistance with netgear's technical support. they will surely be assisting you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.