Hi! I have us robotics 5461 router and a Toshiba/windows xp laptop. my router works fine with wired connection. the computer recognizes the wireless connetion, recognizes the router and apparently everything is working fine, except that it doesnt connect! the dianosis reads that everything is in order but still cant connect.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

what is the ip address on thw wireless PC?

is it connecting to the correct network?
is your network encrypted? (wep key)
what is the error message you are getting, when you try to connect/try to get on to the internet.?
Is this a laptop with built in wireless or desktop with wireless card.?

it says it is connected with full signal
i kont know about the encryption
the error comes when i open the browser, it doesnt.
i ran a connection problems diagnose and it says that everything is ok, to contact provider.

it says it is connected with full signal
i kont know about the encryption
the error comes when i open the browser, it doesnt.
i ran a connection problems diagnose and it says that everything is ok, to contact provider.

what is the error message

wireless: configuration mismatch

warn: host name www.microsoft.com could not be resolved (Error code 0x2afc) Could be either gateway or DNS issue

warn: HTTP error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com the server name or address could not be resolved

error: could not make an HTTP connection

error: could not make an FTP connection

definately a dns for host name, do u have a firewall, turn that off then try to connect

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.