My computer has stopped functioning.When i press power button even led is not working. How can I check whether the problem is with power supply or any other component?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Hello

Do you have any other psu to test the system with?

Is there a power switch at the back of the computer?

You said has stopped functioning, was it working previously?

Have any changes to hardware been made?

The power switch is in front of the system, there is no switch in power supply.

Yes,,it was working..I didnt made any changes to the system..I think the issue with the mother board...so plz let me know how to check the power supply is good or not so that I can confirm the problem with mother board.

Hello

Do you have any other psu to test the system with?

Is there a power switch at the back of the computer?

You said has stopped functioning, was it working previously?

Have any changes to hardware been made?

My computer has stopped functioning.When i press power button even led is not working. How can I check whether the problem is with power supply or any other component?

u should chaq power supply in other system but accourdig to me it's not a power supply proble this proble is related to o/s and
m/b and memory my be foulty

The power switch is in front of the system, there is no switch in power supply.

Yes,,it was working..I didnt made any changes to the system..I think the issue with the mother board...so plz let me know how to check the power supply is good or not so that I can confirm the problem with mother board.

u should check powe supply with multimeeter and tell about volteg

you should check only mother bord and o/s only

How can I check whether the problem is with power supply or any other component?

you would need a PSU tester or a volt meter !

Check all the PS connections.
Remove the power plug from the computer.
Press and hold the power switch for 10-15 seconds.
Replug and try starting again.
If that doesn't work, you need to check the PS with a PS tester:
http://search.pricewatch.com/power_supply_for_case/tester-0.htm
Any shop should be willing to do this, and I have seen these for sale at Office Depot and similar stores.

Thanks for the advices. I confirmed the problem is with my mother board and I got an idea how to check power supply from the technician who came to check my system, here is that

interconnect the green and black wires in the power supply and see the fan is working or not.If the fan is working power supply is OK.

Thanks to the technician..

Check all the PS connections.
Remove the power plug from the computer.
Press and hold the power switch for 10-15 seconds.
Replug and try starting again.
If that doesn't work, you need to check the PS with a PS tester:
http://search.pricewatch.com/power_supply_for_case/tester-0.htm
Any shop should be willing to do this, and I have seen these for sale at Office Depot and similar stores.

Thanks for the advices. I confirmed the problem is with my mother board and I got an idea how to check power supply from the technician who came to check my system, here is that

interconnect the green and black wires in the power supply and see the fan is working or not.If the fan is working power supply is OK.

Thanks to the technician..

That's not enough to verify a PS is working with sufficient voltage/wattage.
If you haven't checked the voltage, you haven't tested it.
A technician without a PS tester isn't much good.

That's not enough to verify a PS is working with sufficient voltage/wattage.
If you haven't checked the voltage, you haven't tested it.
A technician without a PS tester isn't much good.

agree !
what did he/she do to test the motherboard ,assuming they had no PS tester ,likely didn't have a motherboard tester either ,lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.