Hi,
The motherboard fan is making too much noise after the pc is turned off for more than a hour....the noise stops after pc is used for 20-25 minutes.

I have checked the temp and fan speed,

when making noise the temp is : 25 and fan speed is 1320
when not making noise the temp is :30 and fan speed is 1230

So, the problem is, the fan is making noise when temp is low???

i have never heard anything like this....

please advise.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

or when the fan is spinning faster .
what is the make and model # of computer,is it a laptop or desktop

or when the fan is spinning faster .
what is the make and model # of computer,is it a laptop or desktop

Yes,

It's a desktop pc. Motherboard is Gigabyte G41m (Socket 775)....no external Graphics Card.

does it have a stock intel cpu fan like the one in the link ,and is clean of dust ,the way the fins are angled causes it to dust up fast ,did for me anyway ,if it not like the one in the link,make sure its dust free in any case
http://tinyurl.com/d6eepuq

if it not dirty ,maybe it needs to be removed and cpu/fan base cleaned and some new thermal paste applied ,

Maybe it's BIOS problem or just change your fan.

I had the same problem and it was caused because i was playing 3d games and my CPU wasn't powerfull enough and it got very hot.
Maybe add a VGA / change CPU / change the paste between cpu and fan.

Let me guess, it due to too much dust on the fan. Maybe, what you could do is to clean the fan carefully then put it back to your system unit.

Hey, Same problem here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.