Hi,

I have a laptop with a dead lcd screen. When I put a bright light on the screen everything was there and seemed to be working fine. Is the problem my ccfl or possibly the inverter board? If the the problem is in my interter board would I be able to see anything on my screen?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi,

I have a laptop with a dead lcd screen. When I put a bright light on the screen everything was there and seemed to be working fine. Is the problem my ccfl or possibly the inverter board? If the the problem is in my interter board would I be able to see anything on my screen?

The inverter provides the high-frequency AC voltage needed by the fluorescent backlight, so when it croaks the light goes out but the display itself is unaffected. Some inverter boards are more easily available (and cheaper) than others...

Hi.
I have a similar problem.
My laptop was booting when suddenly the screen went dead.
When I looked hard I saw it still worked, only the backlight failed. When I turn off the screen and back on, the light flashes on for a second, though.

Now, I don't really know much about hardware, I can see the difference between a CPU and a RAM chip, but that is about as far as it goes. I definitely never heard about an inverter board before, and neither do I know what jchriste4817 meant with "ccfl". Could anyone please shed light on this issue(litterally) and tell me what to do to solve this problem, by preference in a way someone not knowing much about cumputers could understand, so I could use my laptop again?

It would be nice if I wouldn't have to spend lots of money on a new screen or anything too...

Thanks al lot already.

Can I ask why there are already at least four threads about this issue?
Doesn't anyone read the existing threads before starting a new one?
Wouldn't we better all post in just one and close the others or something? Then people wouldn't have to check them all four.
Just an idea...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.