I'm having a problem with my monitor not being recognized by my computer, all that turns up is a "No Input Signal; Going To Power Save" error message. Earlier today, I had some technicians look at my computer because we were installing a new DSL/Cable connection. They had to manually configure all of our computers, mine had the most problem since it's a Vista-run computer, the other two on the network are XPs. They did use the command prompt a couple of times, but besides that, I'm not sure what they might had done.

Regardless, the computer was working before they touched it, and now it is not. I cannot look at the BIOS option or anything, because after it flashes that error message, it merely goes blank. The CPU fan, and the other fans are working, the video card has a red light that means it's working and there are no "beeps." I have used this monitor on another computer (one of the ones on this new network, an XP-run computer) and it worked. The keyboard lights (Num Lock, Caps Lock etc.) do not flash upon startup like they usually do.

I have an ATI Radeon HD4850 video card, 4GB of Kingston RAM, and a 3.0 GHz Core 2 Duo processor. Running Vista Ultimate SP1.

I've attempted to remove the video card and running on integrated graphics, still the same problem, I've also made sure to check all the connections and seat the video card/memory properly, still a no go.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'd be asking them what the hell have they done.

anyway have you tried booting with usb devices disconnected and ethernet unplugged?

You may have clear CMOS.

i have a problem of my computer. The no input signal is appearing. I install the printer cannon model MP460. I dont know how to fixed it. Can you help me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.