I hope that someone can help me with this problem. I recently purchased a ILO (L15FCBT) 15-inch Flat-Panel LCD Monitor With DVI from Wal-Mart. I’m sure it’s not the best monitor out there, but I do not need the best b/c I use my system for surfing the net, work, organizing photos, burning dvd’s, etc. No gaming or anything like that.

My problem is that the screen will flash from what’s on the screen to a solid black screen and then back to the original website, picture, etc. I’ve noticed that it does this much more frequently when there are a lot of graphics, video or pictures on the website/screen. I DID NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH THE ORIGINAL MONITOR THAT CAME WITH THE SYSTEM... HP M70 17-inch .

Features of the ILO Technologies Flat Screen:

• Incorporates TFT (Thin Film Transfer) technology, recognized as producing some of the sharpest images possible
• Displays up to 16.7 million colors
• 1280 x 1024 resolution at 75 Hz (maximum)
• High contrast ratio of 400:1
• High brightness at 250 cd/m2
• DVI digital input support
• Built-in speakers
• 170-degree viewing angle
• 1 analog and 1 digital input
• Audio in jack
My computer system…

HP Pavilion PC Model XE745
Intel (R) Celeron (TM) 733 MHz processor
320 MB SDRAM (But will be upgrading to 512 this weekend)
Windows XP Home Ed.
80 GB Hard drive
Video Graphics - PCI Interface
Controller - Intel 810
Video Memory - 11 MB shared system memory, integrated graphics, not upgradeable
Resolutions: Video resolutions dependent upon specific display used - 640 x 480: 16/256/32 K/64K/16.7M colors 800 x 600: 16/256/32K/64K colors 1024 x 768: 16/256/32K/64K colors 1280 x 1024: 256 colors
Could it be the Graphics or lack there of enough Graphic memory?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS...Tom

Hi Tom,
11MB of onboard video card memory should be more than enough....
from what you describe.. the problem most likely is one of the following:
>video driver/screen incompatbility with your video card (get newer driver from screen manufacturer). & Re-install your monitor.
> each screen resolution typically has a different screen refresh rate (set by the video monitor drivers)... start at the lowest screen resolution & work your way up till you find the maximum resolution that works well with your new monitor.
> monitor may be defective :( :(
You can find other troubleshooting tips at my website.
Hope this helps :)
RGPHNX

I hope that someone can help me with this problem. I recently purchased a ILO (L15FCBT) 15-inch Flat-Panel LCD Monitor With DVI from Wal-Mart. I’m sure it’s not the best monitor out there, but I do not need the best b/c I use my system for surfing the net, work, organizing photos, burning dvd’s, etc. No gaming or anything like that.

My problem is that the screen will flash from what’s on the screen to a solid black screen and then back to the original website, picture, etc. I’ve noticed that it does this much more frequently when there are a lot of graphics, video or pictures on the website/screen. I DID NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH THE ORIGINAL MONITOR THAT CAME WITH THE SYSTEM... HP M70 17-inch .

Features of the ILO Technologies Flat Screen:

• Incorporates TFT (Thin Film Transfer) technology, recognized as producing some of the sharpest images possible
• Displays up to 16.7 million colors
• 1280 x 1024 resolution at 75 Hz (maximum)
• High contrast ratio of 400:1
• High brightness at 250 cd/m2
• DVI digital input support
• Built-in speakers
• 170-degree viewing angle
• 1 analog and 1 digital input
• Audio in jack
My computer system…

HP Pavilion PC Model XE745
Intel (R) Celeron (TM) 733 MHz processor
320 MB SDRAM (But will be upgrading to 512 this weekend)
Windows XP Home Ed.
80 GB Hard drive
Video Graphics - PCI Interface
Controller - Intel 810
Video Memory - 11 MB shared system memory, integrated graphics, not upgradeable
Resolutions: Video resolutions dependent upon specific display used - 640 x 480: 16/256/32 K/64K/16.7M colors 800 x 600: 16/256/32K/64K colors 1024 x 768: 16/256/32K/64K colors 1280 x 1024: 256 colors
Could it be the Graphics or lack there of enough Graphic memory?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS...Tom

Hi, I recently picked up one of these monitors at a sale and when I got it home and plugged it in it worked great for a short while then started to flicker occasionally to black then right back again. So, I unhooked the monitor cord that came with it and plugged in a Thick Heavy Duty Monitor Cord and now it works Perfectly! No More flickering black. This worked for me it might work for you too. It's worth a try.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.