ok, so my nephew who is five years old was using my computer, and when he finished, i saw that the resolution was stretched too much, but only on the center, and too narrowed on the edges, so when i try to move something around the screen, it stretches only on the middle of the screen, and appears too narrow on the edges of the screen. also, the display was too wide so that i cant see the rest of the display (the edges, such as scrollbars, the X button, etc.) so i tried to tweak with the monitor's settings, but then above problem happened (stretched center, narrowed edges). i attached a screenshot to help.

i asked him and he said that "he pressed something" to make it happen, and i can't figure out how to revert it.

the stretching/narrowing only happens on resolutions beyond 800x600. i am on a samsung LCD monitor.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Your LCD should have an Auto Adjust setting in the menu. Change your resolution to the desired setting THEN do the Auto Adjust. There will likely be a way to set it manually too. Bottom Line -- They work together. Monitors and video cards will not necessarily support the same settings.

that didnt do the trick. also, the display in the middle flickers.

Your LCD should have an Auto Adjust setting in the menu. Change your resolution to the desired setting THEN do the Auto Adjust. There will likely be a way to set it manually too. Bottom Line -- They work together. Monitors and video cards will not necessarily support the same settings.

Flickering => Refresh Rate. Again, both need to be set to same.

Maybe start by restoring factory defaults on your monitor.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.