it booted up fine on crt monitor
then i pulled the card out
relized i could use it in the new pc
and put it back in to the same spot
since then
the display does not work

when i try to hook it up to a lcd
it gives me that analog digital box and then goes to no signal found
when i hook it up to the crt the monitor just doesnt turn on it stays in sleep mode

i have tried different monitors and they all do the same
i have tried 3 different video cards including the onboard
i have removed all the hardware to see if that would help
even removed the ram
no differance no matter what i do
seems like since i pulled the card out the video is not sending a signal out at all
even the on board acts the same way

ive reset the bios though the jumpers
did a power cycle where i unplugged it and help the power button for a few mins
tried hooking up the crt monitor though a adaptor to the dvi port
nothing seems to work

im running out of ideas

pls help

i cannot acess any loading screen so i cant get into windows , cant do safe mode ,cant acess the bios

is that mean the mobo is fried?
if so why does it turn on and hd spins up cdrom flashes and everything else seems normal
but no display signal what so ever

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

im guessing you damaged the pci slot when removing the first graphics card. if it has onboard video, connect via that and see if it boots, if not, i hope you have a warranty on the motherboard.

im guessing you damaged the pci slot when removing the first graphics card. if it has onboard video, connect via that and see if it boots, if not, i hope you have a warranty on the motherboard.

damaged a pci slot?? unlikely
also hooking it up with onboard doesnt make any differance
i already suspected there was something wrong with the mobo , is there a way to test to see if they pci or onboard vid is working , like with a voltometre for example?

i dont know what the voltage output is supposed to be for a pci slot but you should be able to use a volt meter on the internal pins. it does sound like a mobo issue.

When i said damaged a pci slot i didnt mean the pci slot itself but the connection under it, some can be notoriously bad. Its happend to me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.