I connected my TV to my laptop using an hdmi cable. I found and set it as an additional monitor but the TV would not display anything besides the lg no signal logo. After this i accidentally set my laptop to display only out of monitor 2. My TV is set as monitor 2 and will still display only the lg logo. If i unplug the cable and restart my computer it goes back to the laptop screen. And for some reason it will only let me find the TV as a device while restarting my laptop, and when i restart my laptop it automatically goes back to the setting of only using monitor 2 and i cannot see anything. Can someone please help me figure out how to fix this?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

you must use same preview option on both moniters and enable it by going controlpanel>display>enable view on hdmi cable.

if you cant see anything on your laptop on the window and press escape button. it will restore your preview(my personal experience on hp dv6 laptop)

Thank you, i got it to work on my laptop monitor now. The TV still is not though. IT will recognize it and set is as display 2 but the TV is still only showing the lg logo. Where is the enable HDMI thing in display and are you using windows 7 also.

Try This.... When you see the logo on your TV, get your TV remote control, point it at the TV and press the input button. It should display a menu on your TV/monitor that includes: HDMI, VGA, TV, VCR, etc... choose the one that reflects how your TV is connected to your PC and you should see a picture. ie. HDMI or VGA

Good Luck

Thank you, i got it to work on my laptop monitor now. The TV still is not though. IT will recognize it and set is as display 2 but the TV is still only showing the lg logo. Where is the enable HDMI thing in display and are you using windows 7 also.

Thank you, i got it to work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.