Hello I have a problem with my laptop display and really need an advice. I put my laptop next to another one that has the same display adapter(intel gma 4500m) and I noticed that the blue color on my laptop is darker. I put the same settings on both computers(default) from windows settings and intel utility, on my laptop the blue color still is darker. After making a monitor test with Everest I noticed that on my laptop magenta color is more reddish than the other one while the blue color is darker, there are not problems with other colors. I also attached an external display to my computer and blue color also is darker.

The warranty of my laptop is expiring soon, my eyes hurt after staying more than 30 minutes in front of my laptop,I compared my laptop`s display with another one that has the same graphic adapter and the same settings, the blue color is darker on my laptop and magenta is more reddish. Is there any way I can prove that something is wrong to the specialized personnel from the store where I bought my Lenovo laptop so they could fix that?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

All LCD displays have color differences. There is software that can help you to adjust it to some standards, but in many cases this requires specialized tools to actually see the colors and provide adjustment settings to use with the display driver software. I have two Dell displays that are "in theory" identical (though different models manufactured at different times), and I have to go into the monitor configuration settings to adjust them to be as close to the same as I can, although I never get it quite perfect! As they say, sometimes good enough, is good enough... :-)

Rubberman thanks for your response,the laptop I used to compare the displays are different brands but have the same videocard(including drivers)and the same display:http://www.auo.com/?sn=149&lang=en-US&c=34&n=138 checked with everest ultimate.

The problem is that my eyes hurt very bad and turn red after staying more than half an hour in front of the laptop (not only me but all of my friends that stayed at my laptop), I sent my laptop to warranty repair but they told me that nothing is wrong. Now my eyes still hurt and I cannot find the reason, are there any softwares so I could make some tests that could prove that something is wrong with the display? I have only one month warranty left and really need any piece of advice you can give.

It sounds like you need to speak with a good ophthalmologist about this, and take the laptop for them to examine. Perhaps something with the colors, or other mostly imperceptible things are going on. Just one question. Is the backlight fluorescent based, or LED based? That will affect the colors, and also if there is a subtle problem with a fluorescent bulb, it could cause this sort of eye problem. Again, the eye doctor may be able to determine if this could be causing the problem, in which case you should be able to force the manufacturer to replace the light(s) under threat of suit for causing bodily harm (product liability)...

Thanks for responding so quickly, the display is LED based.. I will search the same laptop model as mine and will check if there are any differences. If there will be no differences it means I have to check my eyes, if there will be then the display is the fault...

All LCD displays have color differences. There is software that can help you to adjust it to some standards, but in many cases this requires specialized tools to actually see the colors and provide adjustment settings to use with the display driver software.

I understand that, but I compared two laptops that have the same video card, same settings and the same display made by the same manufacturer and my laptop shows the wrong colors.
I`ve put these two laptops near another computer and the blue color is the same between the laptop and desktop, while at my laptop blue color is darker:(

All LCD displays have color differences. There is software that can help you to adjust it to some standards, but in many cases this requires specialized tools to actually see the colors and provide adjustment settings to use with the display driver software.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.