1.11M Members

Graphics Driver Question (Curiousity)

I'm curious because I'm new to the world of buying computer parts and such. I've installed an Asus model of the Nvidia 550ti and I was wondering if I should use the Nvidia drivers or the Asus drivers. both drivers seem to work with only slight differences in the multiple monitors settings. Any recommendations or advice is appreciated.
Thanks.

What OS are you running? If Linux, then I recommend using the proprietary nVidia Linux drivers, rather than the default open source Nouveau nVidia driver, especially if you are going to run videos, games, or other graphics-intensive software.

What OS are you running? If Linux, then I recommend using the proprietary nVidia Linux drivers, rather than the default open source Nouveau nVidia driver, especially if you are going to run videos, games, or other graphics-intensive software.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and the decison is between Nvidia or Asus drivers

Well, I would still recommend the nVidia drivers. They generally are a generation ahead of the system vendor's version.

Well, I would still recommend the nVidia drivers. They generally are a generation ahead of the system vendor's version.

**nod** I agree nvidia is the way to go.

Alright I went with Nvidia thanks for the responses guys.

Question Answered as of 2 Years Ago by rubberman and Xlphos
You
This question has already been solved: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: