i believe it was a Packard Bell iXtreme

My current specs are
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad Cpu Q8300 @2.50GHz
Ram 7 gb
64 bit operating system
GeForce GT 320

My Motherboard is this
http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/specs-acer-g43t-am-v2-0/

My problem was my graphics card stopped working so i went to get some advice from the tech support at pc world
and they told me to get Sapphire Radeon hd 6670 and a new psu

Now my problem is i've unistalled my old graphics card and inserted the new one however my computer doesnt seem to be picking it up :(

I was wondering if anyone knew what the problem is?

I have a rough understanding how things work but not a pro knowledge

Thank you

Check the power supply. Some of these cards pull a LOT of current, and many system power supplies are unable to handle it. Also, trade the AMD card back in for an nVidia one... Since pcworld support also suggested a new PSU (power supply), did you follow that advice?

Thanks for replying

I brought a

OCZ ZS series 650 watt it has a 6+2pin PCI-express Connector and 6 pin PCI Express Connector
i cant seem to locate the connector on the motherboard. i can see a 4 pin next to the fan but that would be the cpu connector?

Hi there !
You have a G43 chipset which contains Intel graphics controlller. When your system failed, chipset could be reverted to the on-board graphics, and disable the PCI-E card.
So:
- pull the monitor cable from the Radeon and insert it into the onboard connector (seems you have HDMI and VGA)
- enter the bios, and set "Init Display First" to PCI-E card.
- reboot, and put cable back to Radeon

You should check the old GT320, might not be dead as well. Check if auxiliary power is conncted to the card.

OCZ ZS series 650 watt it has a 6+2pin PCI-express Connector and 6 pin PCI Express Connector
i cant seem to locate the connector on the motherboard. i can see a 4 pin next to the fan but that would be the cpu connector?

Those connectors are for pci-e graphics cards that require them. I googled your radeon and it doesn't require them.

Just for clarification, do you get no screen output with the new card or do you mean it won't show it as a radeon HD6670 in device manager?

Hi Thanks for both replying much appreciated!

my computer loads up fine with screen its in device manager it doesnt show up

Sorry to double post being an idiot

i get no screen output with the new card/it isn't showing up in the device manager as well its currently
shows the onboard graphic set

Intel(r) g45/g43 express chipset

In that case you need to do what ada.devcsaba suggested in the 4th post in this thread.

I did exactly like ada.devcsaba said but its still not working!

i opened it up to check the graphics card and the fan on it is spinning so it must be working?

please, if you can take some pictures with a camera of the bios screen , where the chipset and/or video settings are, and post it here

best luck

there must be a line in the bios screen like
http://bloggers.netai.net/Clipboard02.jpg

and there must come PCI-e
Also, a full bios reset and/or bios update might cleanse the problem

Try removing and re-seating the graphics card. If that makes no difference then you may have a faulty card in which case it'd be best to take it back to PC world and get another.

One other thought, if you have a local independant computer repair shop it might be worth getting them to check things out for you. I work in a local independant computer repair shop and we do that kind of thing.

You
This article has been dead for over six months: Start a new discussion instead
Tags Related to this Article