Rita Ali 0 Newbie Poster

I have Compaq Presario 2700 Laptop. During this past week, my laptop screen has been turning grey either upon start-up or after being on for a period of time. Everything else seems to be working fine as I can hear the operating system running as it normally does. The laptop doesn't appear to be overheating because this occurs even after it has been turn off for an extended period of time.

I removed a new program that I had installed thinking that perhaps it contained a virus or some incompatible format. This had no effect on the problem. The problem is somewhat random but seems to be occurring more frequently. Now and then, I am able to turn on the computer to a screen that works perfectly. Other times, I get a grey screen. Please note that even when the screen turns grey, at start-up it still shows the Compaq and then the Windows logo screens.

Any idea what is causing this problem?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.