Okay, I have a Geforce FX 5600XT graphics card and have had it for several years now. Just within the last couple of days I have tried starting WCIII FT to play as usual, but the nothing is happening. The screen goes to flip to higher resolution, and then WCIII usually pops up, but now just a black screen appears. On one or two occassions, some of the graphics pop up on the screen, but not legible. I have restarted the computer to have my monitor say no signal as if I had it unplugged. After resetting the PC, (sometimes a couple of times), the windows logo finally appears on the monitor. Everything including this web page and changing the resolution to the highest settings still works on the monitor, so I don't believe that it is the problem. Does that sound like the Graphics card needs replacing? Any other ideas. I really don't play any other games, so I don't know if it's just this game or if it's a hardware issue. I haven't tried reinstalling the game yet, but I believe that I will now. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

This sort of problem will be more related to the software then hardware, try to reinstall warcraft and come back if that doesn't help

Well... I have tried the uninstall/reinstall of the Warcraft software. The initial video demo of warcraft III Frozen Throne played. I then clicked on "play warcraft." The screen did the same thing. I turned the sound up and could hear the game music, but it was skipping and not playing smoothly. Do you think it might still be software related? I already tried rebooting XP with last known good config, but that didn't work either. What else should I try? I really don't want to have to spend the money on a new graphics card, only to have the problem still exist. Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Just so you guys know, it was a hardware problem, not a software one. The Graphics card decided to take a turn for the worse, and nothing at all would display on the screen. The only good thing, I was able to get a better graphics card now. Have a great day!:) Thanks to the couple of replies I did get.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.