No worries :)

Crunchie,
I was making sure that I have checked all possabilities before doing the extreme, and when I started the trouble shooter from device manager, processor, then properties, I got the warning below in the pick. maybe nothing but it will not do anything in the windows help when I click on sys info, tools or anything. Just clicks and thats it. maybe nothing but I was thinking maybe infected?

No piccie there, but I have never seen an infection shut down a core.

Ok,,, oops forgot pic!! sorry.
It says " an active X control on this page is unsafe, your current security settings prohibits running unsafe controls on this page"???
The settings are still at default. hmmmmm!

maybe nothing but it will not do anything in the windows help when I click on sys info, tools or anything. Just clicks and thats it.

Not sure exactly where you are here?
Has the one core problem been there all the time? If so, get that warranty you were talking about.

I am so Frustrated,,, and my thoughts exactly!!! Thanks Bro!!!!!
Just be without it for a few is all!!!! Much thanks!

No worries. Let us know how you get on.

What service pack are you using btw?

OMG,,,, This needs to post some where so it can be used educationally, if such a word,,,,

Dual Core Not Showing Up in task manager or third party programs

Option #1 - Hal / NToskrnl replacement (Note: "C:\" or the Letter of your main drive, Mine was "E:\"

a. Make a directory called DUO on C:\
b. Copy halmacpi.dll (search your C:\ drive for this) to C:\DUO then rename it to hal.dll
c. Copy ntkrnlmp.exe (search your C:\ drive for this) to C:\DUO then rename it to ntoskrnl.exe
d. Make a batch file called go2core.cmd and put this in the file.

C:
CD\windows\system32
REN hal.dll hal.old
copy C:\Duo\hal.dll C:\windows\system32
REN ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.old
copy C:\Duo\ntoskrnl.exe c:\windows\system32

e. Run Go2Core.cmd from C:\duo directory.
f. Reboot and you should now see two processors in Task manager

Re-booted into Safe Mode.
Re-booted Back into into XP

Changed boot.ini file and added this line without quotes to end "/usepmtimer

This fixed my machine Using Win XP SP3 ASUS Mother Board with AMD64 Dual Core +6000 Processor
Shazam!!!!

Although this worked on mine, I am not saying that it will work on yours, I take no responsibility for the actions you take on your own PC, I followed step by step, and read a lot before changing anything on my machine!!!!

Resources:

http://grandstreamdreams.blogspot.com/2008/08/enabling-dual-core-support.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/246286-28-dual-core-showing-task-manager

http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

Thanks to "Crunchie" For helping me out,, I hope some one finds this useful!!!

The same thing would happen if you do a repair reinstall, as it would detect and install the SMP HAL.

You can find it out in you bios, or Dxdiag if everything is working... hope it helps...

You can find it out in you bios, or Dxdiag if everything is working... hope it helps...

you hope what helps ! nothing in your post that hasn't already been said,and what the heck does directx have to do with duel core cpu's

dxdiag does have some general system specs in it like cpu speed, driver versions, hw versions etc..

dxdiag does have some general system specs in it like cpu speed, driver versions, hw versions etc..

lol, so it dose right on the first page,just basic info found elsewhere! ,i just read the top categories,i stand corrected !

in windows 8 right click , change graphics to logical procesors....

Your should search youur required option in the Task bar

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.