I just got my whole system built and at startup i get 3 beeps (ram problems) This is my first socket 775 build with ALL new equipment

No display on monitor
3 Short beeps
Swaped the 2 Dimm's in each channel

Specs..
•Intel D955XBK motherboard (ami bios)
•Intel Pentium D processor 2.8 GHz
•PNY 1Gig (512x2) 533Mhz DDR2 ram
•Maxtor 100 GB Harddrive (SATA)
•Gigabyte GeForce 6600GT Sli Card
•500 Watt ATX12V 2.0 power supply (with 24 pin atx power connector

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Have you tried stripping the setup down to nothing more than the mobo, processor, one stick of RAM, and the video card?

Yes i tried that config and it still doesnt work
when i turn it on it does the beep code it will shutdown
im thinking that i have to replace the mobo

Try replacing the RAM sticks first. Since the mobo is beeping, I'd try swapping the RAM modules with known working modules.

Maybe you plug in your monitor in wrong socket or BIOS set wrong. Because you have extra graphic card.

Maybe you plug in your monitor in wrong socket or BIOS set wrong. Because you have extra graphic card.

I doubt that's the issue. 3 beeps signifies a problem with the memory subsystem.

i also had a promlem with this board d955xbk i installed a known working processor and ram video card the standby led lights when i power it up all fans spins but nothing on the screen appear..no beep nothing except fan spinning and i notice processor does not heatup..but fan spins..please help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.