Member Avatar for TechySafi

Hi guys I really noob at the field of computer hardware. I'm too stupid to understand FSB..cloking...memory speed etc but again I don't want to buy something that won't work fine.

So here is a screenshot of my chipset manufacture's website. Here you can see what it supports ( http://goo.gl/EXbev

And here is my pc's current configuration summery screenshot (taken by Hw32 software) http://goo.gl/9oiKr

Now I'm going to buy one more 1GB RAM stick. Could you please advice me about its speed? Like current one?(i guess which is 400MHz, checkout the last screenshot)

btw yea my pc is a crapy one...still running f****g celeron :D

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

because computers work best with identical sticks of ram when using more than one stick ,the answer here is a easy one ,buy a stick that matches the one you already have installed.
pc2 6400 ddr2-sdram udimm 400mhz
good luck

lol thanks :) btw "pc2 6400 ddr2-sdram udimm 400mhz" whats this? :P when lame shopkeeper will ask like "bus speed?" then I have to reply 400 ryt?

Okay I can handle this...I think there will be a label or something on the RAM stick right?

lol thanks :) btw "pc2 6400 ddr2-sdram udimm 400mhz" whats this? :P when lame shopkeeper will ask like "bus speed?" then I have to reply 400 ryt?

Okay I can handle this...I think there will be a label or something on the RAM stick right?

yes,yes and yes.lol

if you look at the link you provide with the specs of your computer it shows in lower right corner the ram installed in your computer

Nah I don't wanna see these craps anymore! :D Hardware is such a nightmare to me!

Rather I'm ready to code up the whole algorithm of....what? binary search? or a SOAP api? lol

Anyway marking this post as solved and thanks!

Hey seems 400 is little rare here! What about 553 or 667?

actually i think it is 800 when running in ddr mode.
what is the make and model of your computers motherboard ;not just the chipset model from the first post

what is the make and model of your computers motherboard

Then tell me how to detect it :D CPUz will help?

Then tell me how to detect it :D CPUz will help?

yeah cpuz should show the motherboard make an model

CPUz shows Mainboard config as below

Model: P4M800Pro8237
Chipset: VIA P4M800 Pro/P4M800 CE/VN800/CN700 rev
Southbridge: VIA VT8237 rev 00

a googled your board it will support 400/533/667/and 800 pc2-6400

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.