Can anyone share some info on the startup PC beep sound. I also not very understood or familiar. Eg. 1 beep sound, 2 beep and etc....
So others would know, plaese give detail and share with all.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

There aren't any standards on what the beeps mean, so we'd have to know what system you are running in order to give you any specifics.

In general, most computers give a single beep upon POST, which is an indication that the system is working properly.

Can anyone share some info on the startup PC beep sound. I also not very understood or familiar. Eg. 1 beep sound, 2 beep and etc....
So others would know, plaese give detail and share with all.
Thanks

This might help u out

1. 1 short beep-System is ok
2. 2 short beeps- BIOS error
3. 1 long and 8 short beeps- Display Card error
4. 1 long beep after few seconds 2 short beeps-FDC error
5. 1 long beep after few seconds 1 short beeps-FDC is Ok
6. 1 long beep and 2 short beeps-Display Card Error
7. Continuous long beeps-RAM error

Note:They might differ according to systems

in my board there is no ram but still getting beep 3 times , when i insert ram then it was coming same trouble three beeps intel d945 tdp

please solve my problem

there is no long beep but 3 beeps are occuring , without ram also 3 beeps are coming

I am not sur about all beeps, but every beep has a meaning, e.g if it beeps 3 times means memory is faulty

Hi guys please give me few suggessions, my RAM capacity is 1GB new. Processor is 3.2 GHZ,
250GB hard disk. once i switch on my pc beep sound is comming continuously with small gap,its a new RAM. Even i start the pc without RAM the same problem happening pls help me to resove this problem.

... I see, there is a new windows remix song, made via the beeps computers made. i thought i would just mention this. Look it up its fair good.

I'll tell you beeps are different depending on what bios your computer has. You can consult your manual to find out what brand of RAM is recommended for your computer. Sometimes you can enter the brand of your computer into ebay for example "Dell optiplex gx240 RAM " and it will search for the exact RAM for your computer. One time I bought some PC133 for my 240 and it didn't work, instead of sending it back I tried it in my neighbor's computer and it worked so I sold it to him. I then bought the RAM I needed. Anyway your BIOS is either Phoenix, or AMI probably and each use different beep codes.

Try a different ram and see if any difference you see or not.

there is no long beep but 3 beeps are occuring , without ram also 3 beeps are coming

You can take the ram out and try it one strip at a time. If that doesn't work you may have to buy new ram I found a listing that might help:
http://www.upgradebay.com/c1_itemdetail.asp?rid=7&itemid=168739402&gclid=CMHI6NvK0aICFQG4sgod0zxpyA

I usually buy from ebay but this was all I could find with the information you gave.

What RAM are you using now?

Are there any numbers on your motherboard?

I am using ACER laptop in begining stage i am using windows XP after that i did changed to Windows-7 os but now i cant able to instal Windwos XP, i tried lot of method to instal but it cant able acctpt to instal please tell me how to rectify the problem and to instal Windows xp

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.