I have an
Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 Wolfdale 3.06GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80571E7600
with a
Intel BLKD945PLRNL LGA 775 Intel 945PL ATX Intel Motherboard - OEM
and 2 gb of ddr2 RAM
and a gigabyte 8400 Gs graphics card
when i connect it all up and turn it on the fans start running on the CPU and graphics and power source but the Motherboard doesn't boot the RAM i made sure that i correctly installed the motherboard and all connections and the power source correctly and I then reset the bios but it still does nothing I could really use some help!!

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

Is it a brand new build or has it worked fine in the past?

computer doesn't need to boot the ram to show something[boot screen] the monitor.did you make sure to connect the 4 pin power plug in the upper right corner ,if using 2 sticks of rm did you try one at a time

Yes this is a completely new build first time for me I just hope i didn't crap up my processor and this is just like a motherboard problem because the motherboard was a lot cheaper
i have tried no ram 1 ram in any configuration and the computer will not post or do any bios beep codes

How many sticks of ram do you have? What speed are they?
Did you make sure there were no spacers fitted into the motherboard mounting plate in the wrong position?
Did you put thermal grease or a thermal pad between the CPU and it's heatsink?
What power supply have you got? What wattage is it? What it's it's amperage on the 12 volt rail(s)?
Did you check and double check that all hardware is compatible?

2 sticks of 2 GB dd2r 553 but its only compatilbe up to 2 gigs so that my bad
yes i made sure the spacers were correct
yes
I know it works and its a 300 watt
The motherboard and processor and ram should be compatible but I not exactly sure how you tell is it just purley the socket type or does the north and south brifdge also have to be the same?

From what google finds, it supports just 2gig of ram which will be 1gig per slot so you have the wrong ram for it. You need to get 2x 1gig sticks.

Rik is correct on the memory, see link

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d945plrn/sb/CS-021531.htm?wapkw=(BLKD945PLRNL)

Also tested memory

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d945plrn/sb/CS-026635.htm

As other's have said, have you made sure you have connected all the power connector's right e.g 4pin .

http://cokupic.pl/i/c_big272038.jpg

I would take the RAM out and see if you get a display come on at all.

Edit = Ignore my Checking display as you stated you gone to the BIOS, which then is solved as Rik Has stated with wrong memory installed.

CaperJack

I was looking at the too, but the OP said it booted to BIOS.

tape enterprise

Can you take the RAM out and goto the Bios, and see what the CPU is showing and if the Machine shut's down.

Who advised on the Hardware e.g CPU for the Motherboard?

AH i'm guessing i got the wrong board! can someone advise me on a board that would run a Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 Wolfdale 3.06GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80571E7600 with 4gb RAM becasue i don't think newegg has one where else should i look?

You'll need to first check you PSU for what connection you have on it, and what you intend to do with the PC e.g gaming, so we can advise on future possible upgrades you may wanna do, like adding more RAM.

Also, what harddrive and CD/DVD drive connectors you got, e.g IDE or SATA.

Please reply back with as much info as you can.

CaperJack

I was looking at the too, but the OP said it booted to BIOS.

tape enterprise

no looking to start a fight but ,all they said about the bios was they reset it ,usually means they used the jumpers on the MB,also it been said nothing shows on the screen.

Caperjack

Sorry, I think I worded that reply wrong.

I meant to say, While I found the Intel Spec's on the Mobo, I couldn't see if the CPU was supported on it, then I replied with taking memory out, to see if it booted to the BIOS at least and then misread the OP first post, as you correctly state.

I thought they could get to the BIOS, so the issue must be RAM.

Now it could be both.

My post wasn't negative at you, but only agreeing with you about questioning the CPU.

The OP needs to now come back with as much info as possible, so we can advise correctly on what they currently have and are going to order.

I have a 300 watt PSU and it has 1 sata and 3 IDE it does have a four pin connector I want to be able to light gaming mainly minecraft, be able to run an apache server, and some photo editing programs, and i have 2 2gb sticks of ddr2 533 ram I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 Wolfdale 3.06GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80571E7600 I'm thinking th board is at fault so what sort of board would you suggest?

miss read post forget it

As I said before. "From what google finds, it supports just 2gig of ram which will be 1gig per slot so you have the wrong ram for it. You need to get 2x 1gig sticks."

You have the wrong size ram for it. That's the cause of your problem!

Wrong memory shouldn't cause no screen display at all, it seem;s to be more than that as previosuly posted.

The Poster has now posted a new topic asking for advise.

No screen means it's not working properly so wrong ram CAN easily be the cause!!!

If the OP gets 2 1gig sticks it may well work perfectly!

Agree to disagree on this one, as from my experience, you should get a series of beep codes and at least some display.

As posted before, the board doesn't seem to support that CPU and the Poster has now asked for a new board help in another thread.

You will only get a beep code if a speaker is connected to the motherboard. If the motherboard doesn't have a speaker connected it can't make a sound.

I have been working on PC's (as in repairing and fault finding) since the 386 days so I do have some experience you know!

As previously posted, agree to disagree, this topic is has moved on to a different thread.

Hope the posted get's their problem sorted,

:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.