I would like to know if upgrading my laptops CPU, RAM and Video Card is at all possible to be able to handle video games and a lot more on a HP Compaq Presario CQ50-130us?
I want to put intel Core i7, 8 gb of ram, and GTX videos card.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You can definitely upgrade your parts but not as much as you'd like though. I'm not too sure about your CPU and graphics card, but you will only be able to install a maximum of 4GB DDR2 RAM. If you are running 32-bit versions of Windows then it will only recognize about 3 - 3.5GB of RAM, to utilize more, upgrade to 64-bit.

If you are an avid gamer, why not just buy a gaming laptop. It has all the requirements like Ram, proccessor you want.

Ofcourse you can upgrade your Hp.... by increasing RAM,AGP etc...

It's unlikely that you will be able to upgrade the CPU if your system is old, and I have never seen a laptop in which you can upgrade the graphics card. If you can just upgrade to a new system that fits your needs, if you want a good gaming rig that you can carry around look at DELL/Alienware and HP.

Original poster have not replied back for a long time in case you haven't notice that...

Ya I need to check the original time stamp next time.

commented: Glad you notice that, and I like some of your advice +11
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.